Every College under the affiliation of Vidyasagar University has its own Students’ Union. Maharaja Nandakumar Mahavidyalaya is not an exception. The Students’ Union has come into existence in the year 2007.The students of the college duly elect their representatives of the union annually. The students who pay their session charges and tuition fees for the last three months prior to the date of election, are allowed to vote. Students’ Union belongs to each and every student irrespective of caste, religion and sex. The Union plays a vital role in promoting academic, cultural and social activities among the students. It helps the college administration to maintain discipline and normal academic and social activities in the campus.
Objectives and main activities of the Students’ Union:
- To monitor the advancement of learning.
- To develop the sense of social service and patriotism through community service.
- To organize the inter-class debate, healthy cultural competition and the like.
- Publication of annual magazine and various wall magazines.
- To organize recreational activities for students.
- To organize Games & Sports activities.
- Readdressing the grievances and problems of the students before the authority.
- To maintain the relationship between the teachers, students and non - teaching staff.
Members of the Executive Body of the Students’ Union (2016-17)
2.Rajkumar Ghorai-Vice President
3.Lakshmikanta Adhikary-General Secretary
4.Sk.Arobilla Molla-Asst. General Secretary
5.Halima Khatun-Cultural Secretary
6.Golam Sarweor-Asst.Cultural Secretary
7.Suraj Mishra-Game And Athletic Secretary
8.Jayanta Ghara-Asst. Game And Athletic Secretary
9.Mouluda Khatun-Magazine Secretary
10.Subhadip Mal-Asst. Magazine Secretary
11.Nabakmar Paik-Boys’ Common Room Secretary
12.Tapasi Maity-Girls’Common Room Secretary.
13.Shyamal Mondal-Bijnan Parishad Secretary
14.Biswajit Dolai-Asst. Bijnan Parishad Secretary
15.Mahamadul Hassan-Secretary of Student Welfare and Social Service
16.Rittika Sasmal-Asst. Secretary of Student Welfare and Social Service
17.Sk.Ijaj Molla –General Member.